Skills: Security Design Specialist. Security Design Specialist Essential – Minimum of 3 years of general IT or networking experience, Additional minimum of 3 years of Information Security experience as a primary role, Industry recognised Information Security certifications preferred,In-depth knowledge and understanding of information risk concepts and principles, as a means of relating business needs to security controls, Knowledge of and experience in developing and documenting security architecture and plans, including strategic, tactical and project plans, Experience with common information security management frameworks, such as [International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 27001/2 and the ITIL, COBIT, SABSA and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)] frameworks, In-depth knowledge of risk assessment methods and technologies, proficiency in performing risk, business impact, control and vulnerability assessments, Strong understanding of business applications, including ERP and financial systems, Excellent technical knowledge of mainstream operating systems [for example, Microsoft Windows, Macintosh, Linux] and a wide range of security technologies, such as network security appliances, identity and access management (IAM) systems, anti-malware solutions, automated policy compliance tools, and desktop security tools, Knowledge of network infrastructure, including routers, switches, firewalls, and the associated network protocols and concepts.
Security Design Specialist Responsibilities:
• Reports concerning residual risk, vulnerabilities and other security exposures
• Application development or acquisition projects
• Works with security team to identify, select and implement technical controls.
• Develops security processes and procedures, and supports service-level agreements (SLAs)
• Advises security administrators
• Researches, evaluates and recommends information-security-related hardware and software
• Identifies regulatory changes
• Assists in the development of security architecture and security policies
• Participates in the enterprise architecture (EA) community
• Researches, evaluates, designs and tests
• Researches and assesses new threats and security alerts
• Provides guidance in the system development life cycle (SDLC)
• Develops a common set of security tools.
• Defines testing criteria for systems and applications.
• Execution of security risk assessment activities
• Defines security configuration and operations standards
• Develops and validates baseline security configurations for operating systems
This role is commutable from Southampton, Basingstoke, Salisbury etc. Please send your CV ASAP and I will get back to you!
Location: Winchester, Hampshire
Duration: 3 Months
Telephone:01442 291 800