Skills: IT Support Engineer – Patch Management, Servers, Desktop. Do you have knowledge of patch management – WSUS, SCCM 2007, 2012, Microsoft Servers and Desktop and minimum of two years experience in IT, then this role is for you! Based in Birmingham, my client an FTSE250 company has a new requirement for an IT Support Engineer.
You must have:
• Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server (2000, 2003 R2,2008 R2, 2012 R2)
• Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Desktop (7, 8.1)
• Knowledge of patch deployment methodology’s / applications (WSUS, SCCM 2007, 2012)
• Basic knowledge of TCP/IP protocols
• Understanding firmware upgrades
• Communicating, listening and information gathering
Role involves: Working on the design, configuration, testing, deployment and on going operational support of the patch management process. The environment consists of Microsoft Windows servers, SQL, VMWare, Linux and various third party application servers. You will work with application development, infrastructure and business areas to set and manage patch schedules. Other responsibilities may include managing standard Windows Desktop images and providing escalation support for unresolved service desk issues. Working hours: 37.5 hours per week – Monday to Thursday, 2:30pm to11.00pm (including a one hour break) and Friday 10:00am to 6:30pm (one hour for lunch). Keywords: Patch Management, Servers, Desktop. Please send in your CV to work for this FTSE250 company who are Investor in People Champion for more information and a full job spec!
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands
Salary: £25k + Good Benefits
Telephone:01442 291 800