Skills: Infrastructure Project Manager. Managing the plan, build, quality and delivery of Infrastructure Projects. Report on project progress whilst maintaining and tracking all associated project financials and quality. This role relates to the management of a Data Centre Fitout, Network Build & Platforms Deployment.
You must have:
• Business / technical infrastructure centred implementations delivered using a recognised project lifecycle methodology such as; Prince 2, Association of Project Management, Agile, or OGC project methods.
• APMP, PRINCE2 Practitioner or PMP Project Management professional qualification
• Advanced user of Microsoft® Office 2010 application suite specifically Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio and Microsoft® Project.
• Ability to manage all aspects of project attributes including deliverables, assumptions, plans, quality, issues, risks, dependencies and resources
• Ability to manage detail to high level option – ranging from an understanding of business drivers and the technology that has been applied to meet them, to a thoroughness of approach through all stages of delivery
• Ability to work to high standards of quality and professionalism and remain focussed within an environment of conflicting demands; ability to deliver, correct and remediate delivery working with all stakeholders
• Good communications skills and a confident leadership style with the confidence to handle challenging meetings/workshops and demanding senior management sponsors
• Strong motivational and leadership skills
• Exceptional Stakeholder & Sponsor management, including analysis and appropriate communication methods
• Ability to discuss at both technical and non-technical levels, modifying degrees of detail based upon target audience.
• Familiar with requirements analysis methods and application software evaluation and selection.
• Commercial exposure, with ability to manage suppliers, budgets and forecast costs with resilience & tenacity, balanced by approachability.
• Willing to undertake travel throughout the UK and possibly to be away from home for short periods of time. Current driving licence.
• Excellent understanding of the Project Lifecycle, Control Process and Project Methods
• Role, technical or sector experience required:
• Exposure to integrated business applications or Technology Infrastructure
• Experience of working within the IT/telecommunications/Media or similar complex industries
• Knowledge and experience of IT system development methodologies.
Responsible for managing a range of IT projects or programmes ensuring all projects are delivered within agreed timelines, within budget and to agreed standards with particular responsibilities including:-
• Manage the delivery of project(s), typically involving changes to business applications, infrastructure and associated business processes, to time, budget, milestone and content/quality expectations.
• Support the creation of medium and large scale business cases and support the technical design, through requirements analysis and evaluation / selection of suppliers familiar with requirements analysis methods, estimating, planning, options assessment and selection.
• Own and build small scale business cases to support identified individual infrastructure projects through requirements analysis and evaluation / selection of suppliers familiar with requirements analysis methods, estimating, planning, options assessment and selection.
• Where appropriate, collaborate in the preparation of tenders, quotations and 3rd party selection exercises.
• Provide strong leadership to encourage joined-up working between the business and technology partners.
• Ensure that any outsourced work is carried out to an agreed statement of works, is competitive and cost-effective.
• Liaise with delivery manager(s), internal and external suppliers to secure appropriate resources and include this within detailed project plan.
• Accountable for all associated project budgets including labour, maintain costs at all times and ensure the correct controls are in place including financial reporting and forecasting.
• Develop a flexible contractual framework, comprising standard and particular specifications, schedules and supporting documents.
• Liaise with all affected internal departments to ensure a good working relationship is maintained in order to enhance levels of customer satisfaction with IT project delivery.
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with all internal and external suppliers and engender a commitment to quality and on-time delivery.
• Liaise with business, internal and external suppliers to secure appropriate resource allocation
• Liaise with the Technology Delivery programme management team and provide them with any specialist ad-hoc reporting detail for any in-flight Technical Platform infrastructure project this will be in addition to the standard Technical Platforms project reporting pack.
• Demonstrate good communications and confident leadership to handle challenging meetings/workshops and demanding senior management sponsors.
• Provide regular information and feedback with respect to project budgets, cost to date and estimated cost to complete to ensure that potential overspends are identified and resolved at the earliest opportunity.
This role is commutable from Southampton, Basingstoke, Salisbury etc. Please send your CV ASAP and I will get back to you!
Location: Winchester, Hampshire
Duration: 6 Months
Telephone:01442 291 800