Test Analyst. You must have experience:
• Experience of creating test plans (using the IEEE 829 template)
• Experience of using Test Management tools and test development techniques at a Test Analyst level, including:
o Creation of test collateral using existing templates
o Defect logging and tracking
o Communication of issues in a timely manner
o Troubleshooting with all departments to gain quality information
o Agreeing priorities with customers
o Escalating to resolver teams as required
• Experience of working with Waterfall (V-model), agile and hybrid project development methodologies is required
• Experience of using a risk based approach for testing
• Experience of system testing, integration testing, operational acceptance testing, user acceptance testing of both non-functional and functional requirements is desirable
• Excellent written and verbal communication is essential
• Experience of creating automated tests using selenium and selenium web-driver
• Experience of SOA, SOAPUI
• Web applications testing
• Ability to work as part of a team and individually is essential
• Experience of Remedy, Peoplesoft, Oracle OTL
• ISTQB foundation in software testing is essential
• Experience of testing field applications software, soa, oracle ERP, oracle sql, remedy and bespoke applications
• Experience of Jira for defect management, requirements management and test management tools.
This role is also responsible for ensuring that post-implementation, there are as few significant and total defects as possible identified within the solution, managing the reporting, recording and progression of any defects found.
• Review requirements to ensure that these are testable and fit for purpose
• Create test plans, test acceptance criteria and test cases to ensure these meet the required standards and exercise the software, hardware or both to the agreed levels in accordance with the project test strategy
• Create and maintain test data to support test cases; this should be accurate, useful and stored under configuration and version control
• Facilitate user acceptance testing by mentoring the end users to produce the user acceptance criteria, test cases and ensure these are documented, performed and evidenced in line with the test process
• Identify product risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies, and where appropriate, document the necessary mitigation. Escalating where required.
• Perform testing as necessary (at the relevant phase / level required and defined in the test plan)
• Record the test results in the test management tool
• Raise, control and manage defects using the defect management tool
• Become a point of systems expertise for the users and development teams
• Provide testing expertise to all relevant teams on the project
• Perform test assurance activities on the third party supplier and document the results of these activities
• Develop functional and non-functional test suites to provide regression and BAU packs.
This role is commutable from Southampton, Basingstoke, Salisbury etc. Please send your CV ASAP and I will get back to you!
Location: Winchester, Hampshire
Duration: 3-4 Months
Telephone:01442 291 800