Skills: SAS Analyst / SAS Systems Administration. My client based North of Bristol, Avon are looking for an SAS Analyst / SAS Systems Administration. Role involves overseeing maintenance of the SAS system including web-tiers this includes:
• The SAS system is properly patched and performance is optimised.
• The SAS system has exceptionally high levels of availability.
• Disruption to the SAS system due to maintenance is minimised, this is likely to require working outside normal working hours.
Manage ASD’s data resources:
• ASD’s data resources are well managed and documented.
• Access to data is controlled and managed effectively with appropriate logging.
• ASD’s data resources have exceptionally high levels of availability and effective systems exist to ensure data are not corrupted or inappropriately destroyed.
• Data imported to ASD are accurately and efficiently imported with appropriate checks.
• Effective version control systems exist
Oversee development of generic IT solutions – Effective IT systems to support the work of ASD exist, liaising with ITS where systems require their input. The precise systems will depend on emerging business requirements but examples might include:
• Interfaces to data collection systems.
• Data amendment processes.
• Generic disclosure control tools for dynamic data dissemination.
• Automatic checking tools.
Support effective sharing of SAS good practice – Good practice guides exist and are regularly updated, likely topics include:
o Programming style and structure.
o Data storage and structure.
o Code efficiency and optimisation.
o Providing advice on SAS and related IT issues including resolving issues with analysts SAS code
Please send in your CV ASAP for more information.
Location: Bristol, Avon
Salary: £40k-£51k + Good Benefits
Telephone:01442 291 800