Skills: Infrastructure Engineer, 3rd Line Support. My award winning client based in Hemel Hempstead are looking for an Infrastructure Engineer / 3rd Line Support person. You will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role. You will be responsible for delivering a combination of BAU and project based tasks, with a focus on proactively monitoring, maintaining and enhancing the existing infrastructure. The role reports directly to the Head of Infrastructure.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Minimum 3 years working in a similar role
• Strong knowledge of network design, implementation and management inc. WAN, LAN, DNS/WINS/DHCP, spanning tree. Cisco or HP network certified highly desirable.
• Significant knowledge and experience of network security, enterprise firewalls and VPN implementation (ideally Checkpoint or similar enterprise products).
• Skilled in virtualisation technologies such as VMware vSphere deployments, management and support with knowledge and experience of Storage Area Networks (SAN) – Ideally 3PAR or Dell Equalogic experience.
• Good working knowledge of Data Centre management concepts and practices.
• Knowledge and experience of Voice & Data network administration, including telephony (Avaya infrastructure preferable)
• Extensive knowledge and experience of the entire Microsoft Product range (especially Windows Server, MS Exchange, MS SQL Server) and the associated licensing models
• To ensure the IT infrastructure is fully managed and maintained, to minimise security risk and maximise service availability.
• Proactively monitor capacity and demand for IT infrastructure across WAN, LAN, servers & storage; define and maintain processes to ensure efficient operation.
• Provide 2nd and 3rd line support for all business voice and data network infrastructure and services (including coordination of 3rd party suppliers as required).
• Maintain firewall and network technologies, manage upgrades as required and ensure compliance with security policies and standards.
• Ensure the integrity and security of the business infrastructure in line with business standards and policies.
• Accurately document at all times any infrastructure changes and follow strict IT change and release procedures.
• Manage and maintain the IT Disaster Recovery plan and the DR infrastructure , ensuring regular checks and tests are completed
• Implement the server and network elements of the technical roadmap as defined by the head of the department or within the Infrastructure Team.
• Liaise and manage 3rd party suppliers.
Working hour are 40 hours per week. The applicant should hold a full UK Driving License and have the right to work in the UK. This role is commutable from Watford, Luton, St Albans, Aylesbury, Milton Keynes & parts of North London. Please send your CV ASAP for more information.
Location: Hemel Hempstead, Herts
Salary: £40k-£45k + Bonus + Good Benefits
Telephone:01442 291 800