IT Programme Delivery Manager. Based in Hemel Hempstead, my client has a new contract requirement for an IT Programme Delivery Manager. You must be pragmatic, able to work without recourse to a PMO, across a range of projects. The IT workstream sits within a post merger integration programme integrating two companies with different IT landscapes. Decisions have already been made on preferred applications (where one company’s systems will be rolled out to the users of the other) or where hybrid approaches are necessary. Maximum impact of any of these projects will be on c.300 users.
Responsibilities as follows:
• Lead the IT projects within a Post Merger Integration Programme, responsible to the IT Director.
• Reporting to lead stakeholders – weekly
b. Sales Director
c. Integration Programme Director
d. IT Director
• Chair individual IT Workstream steering committees – weekly
a. IT Project Managers report into this.
b. Own escalated issues/risks to bring to lead stakeholders
• Chair cross-functional steering group that works across the IT Projects – weekly
• Reporting – weekly
a. RAG status
b. Risk Management
c. Costs v budget
• Need to have proven track record, at delivery, without extensive PMO support, able to report, drive for results, and not encumber the programme with overload of workshops and processes, working with in-house and external resources. In other words they need to have a practical delivery capability aligned to the scale of this programme, it is not a BT or government large scale project.
• Not responsible for
a. Commercial IT decisions/negotiations. (responsibility of IT Director)
b. Business change/business direction. (responsibility of business units)
c. Comms from workstreams (responsibility of workstreams)
• Current Workstreams/Projects within IT that will report to IT Programme Delivery Manager
a. Finance & Procurement
b. Payroll & HR
c. Sales (1) and Web
d. Sales (2)
e. Campaign Management & Analytics
You also must be flexible when it comes to travel as the role involves trips to Newcastle – full expenses paid. This role is commutable from Watford, Luton, St Albans, Aylesbury, Milton Keynes & parts of North London. Please send your CV ASAP for more information.