Project Manager – Telecoms Network. To manage a number of projects involving several organisations, multi disciplines, interfaces and suppliers. Ensure projects are delivered to Time, Cost & Quality in the most cost effective and efficient manner, as expected by our internal & external customers, in accordance with Project Management Methodology.
• Experience of project delivery within a network engineering discipline.
• Knowledge of IP, Fibre, SDH / PDH Telecoms networks
• Knowledge of Transmission & Mobile networks.
• Proven delivery of projects to time and Budget.
• Experience of successful project handover.
• Establish and maintain strong relationships with external and internal Customers.
• Manage delivery of projects to agreed time, specification & budget, as expected by our Customers, taking on and managing stretch targets as required.
• Manage the expectations & satisfaction of the project sponsor and stakeholders
• Specify, select, engage, lead direct and motivate a direct/virtual project team
• Where appropriate, ensure efficient Project Handover to Customer Service Delivery is achieved.
• Produce and manage the Project Plans and build in objectives – communicate this to all stakeholders and obtain “Buy-in” and commitment to the deliverables.
• Pro-actively manage variations to ensure maximum value and no surprises for the customer.
Delivering on our commitments
• Provide significant input into the design of a new Projects organisation, and then help with the implementation and the cultural changes.
• Manage the relationships with strategic 3rd party suppliers in conjunction with supply chain.
• Complies and works to the adapted Project Management Methodologies.
• Implement regular Project team meetings, ensuring that milestone & benefit tracking is in place. Risks management is fully adopted with issues understood and mitigated beyond immediate business area with escalation when required.
• Adopt the project control system which identifies the appropriate actions which need to be taken by the right people at the right time to ensure project objectives are achieved.
• Forecast, manage, control and report the financial expenditure of the project budget.
• Maximise efficiencies and minimise costs through effective systems and processes for project delivery.
• Variation management
• Work with the Health and Safety team to develop and manage the Health & Safety Regime across all Engineering Delivery Programmes
Location: Winchester, Hampshire
Duration: 6 Months
Telephone:01442 291 800