Project Manager – Release Delivery – Software Development Lifecycle, Systems Integration and IT Infrastructure Deployments. The role is to provide to work on one of the most highly profile and complex systems integration projects in the UK – Smart Metering.
- The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of the software development lifecycle, systems integration and IT infrastructure deployments. Although they will not be required to fully understand the intricacies of each work stream delivery they will need to hold a high level understanding of each solution component and have the ability to make use of the specialist knowledge within each work stream to achieve required tasks.
- A project experienced engineer or project manager is required to support and assist the release delivery manager in successfully delivery of defined release capability for the DCC solution.
- Working with the release delivery manager the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that the defined release scope is progressed through the program/project phases. The programme involves multiple interdependent work streams and the touch points between them during design, implementation and test are crucial areas of focus. It is these touch points between work streams and also external parties where the successful candidate will focus their time. Working with 40+ key stakeholders to ensure integration issues are identified early and that resolution is then owned and tracked through to completion.
- A key responsibility is the support and definition of the programme technical quality gates which define readiness for PIT, SIT, UIT and OAT test phases. This will require close working with the systems integrator and internal teams to define criteria and track progress through to completion. The candidate will be responsible for communicating to the lower level work streams and reporting progress to the release delivery manager and leadership team.
- The role will also work closely with the programme PMO team to ensure that the integrated release schedule and report is updated on time and with the correct level of information to support delivery. This will include activities to define structure and improvements as working practices evolve or releases are updated based on change request impacts.
- The release support will assist the release delivery manager in the resolution of high impact issues and mitigation of high impact risks, where necessary coordinating resolution activities and resource from multiple work streams.
- As the programme involves multiple work streams, teams and parallel activities the ideal candidate will be able to distill pertinent information to identify early risks, issues and areas of concern ahead of formal reporting cycles.
- This will be a dynamic and challenging environment where priorities can quickly change. The candidate will be comfortable operating in this environment and have the flexibility to adapt to emerging challenges / changes.
- Suitable for an individual aspiring to move into project / programme management.
Location: Winchester, Hampshire
Duration: 7 Months
Telephone:01442 291 800