Skills: Senior Test Analyst. As a member of the Test and Quality function, this role is responsible for performing, facilitating and validating necessary testing, in order to ensure that software / hardware are fit for purpose and that customer satisfaction is obtained. This role is also responsible for ensuring that post-implementation, there are as few significant and total defects as possible identified within the solution, managing the reporting, recording and progression of any defects found.
This person would need to have the following key technical skills (as outlined below) and significant experience in Platforms Non-Functional Testing and High Availability & DR Testing Capabilities:
- VMWare, Windows 2012, SQL 2008, Postgres, Linux (RHEL), Networking, VDI Platforms, Experience understanding Security systems and Network Traffic flow.
- Capable of reviewing and understanding Infrastructure Detailed Designs, and Customer & Internal Stakeholder Requirements.
- Working on Large Scales, Multisite, Multi Environment Enterprise Grade Infrastructure Projects
- Significant exposure to testing of Multi-Site Business Continuity (Systems Specific) and High Availability Systems (Heavily Integrated with a significant number of upstream & downstream dependent systems)
- Review requirements to ensure that these are testable and fit for purpose
- Create test plans, test acceptance criteria and test cases to ensure these meet the required standards and exercise the software, hardware or both to the agreed levels
- Create and maintain test data to support test cases; this should be accurate, useful and stored under configuration and version control
- Facilitate user acceptance testing by mentoring the end users to produce the user acceptance criteria, test cases and ensure these are documented, performed and evidenced in line with the test process
- Identify product risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies, and where appropriate, document the necessary mitigation. Escalating where required.
- Perform testing as necessary (at the relevant phase / level required and defined in the test plan)
- Record the test results in the test management tool
- Raise, control and manage defects using the defect management tool
- Become a point of systems expertise for the users and development teams
- Assist with the review and improvement of test process, procedure and templates
- Provide testing expertise to all relevant teams within and third party suppliers
- Perform test assurance activities on internal and external teams and document the results of these activities
- Develop functional and non-functional test suites to provide regression and BAU packs.
- Perform other tasks as agreed with the Test and Quality lead to support IT Service Management.
Location: Winchester, Hampshire
Duration: 6 Months
Telephone:01442 291 800