Network Engineer 3rd Line / Security Engineer. My award winning client based in Hemel Hempstead are looking for an Network and Security Engineer. You will be responsible for delivering a combination of BAU and project based tasks, with a focus on proactively monitoring, maintaining and enhancing the existing infrastructure. The role reports directly to the Head of Infrastructure.
- Minimum 3 years working in a similar role
- Significant knowledge and experience of network security, enterprise firewalls and VPN implementation (ideally Checkpoint or similar enterprise products).
- Strong knowledge of network design, implementation and management inc. WAN, LAN, DNS/WINS/DHCP, spanning tree. Cisco or HP network certified highly desirable.
- Good working knowledge of Data Centre management concepts and practices.
- Knowledge and experience of Voice & Data network administration, including telephony (Avaya infrastructure preferable)
- Knowledge of virtualisation technologies such as VMware vSphere and exposure to Storage Area Networks (SAN) – like 3PAR or Dell Equalogic
- Knowledge and experience of the entire Microsoft Product range (especially Windows Server, MS Exchange, MS SQL Server) and the associated licensing models
- To ensure the IT infrastructure is fully managed and maintained, to minimise security risk and maximise service availability.
- Proactively monitor capacity and demand for IT infrastructure across WAN, LAN, servers & storage; define and maintain processes to ensure efficient operation.
- Provide 2nd and 3rd line support for all business voice and data network infrastructure and services (including coordination of 3rd party suppliers as required).
- Maintain firewall and network technologies, manage upgrades as required and ensure compliance with security policies and standards.
- Ensure the integrity and security of the business infrastructure in line with business standards and policies.
- Accurately document at all times any infrastructure changes and follow strict IT change and release procedures.
- Manage and maintain the IT Disaster Recovery plan and the DR infrastructure , ensuring regular checks and tests are completed
- Implement the server and network elements of the technical roadmap as defined by the head of the department or within the Infrastructure Team.
- Liaise and manage 3rd party suppliers.
Working hours are 8.30-17.30 with some out if hours / shift working as required – occasional travel to the London Head Office. The applicant should hold a full UK Driving License and have the right to work in the UK. This role is commutable from Watford, Luton, St Albans, Aylesbury, Milton Keynes & parts of North London. Please send your CV ASAP for more information.
Location: Hemel Hempstead, Herts
Salary: £45k-£50k + Bonus + Good Benefits