Skills: Microware Engineer. This is an engineering role within the I.T & Technology group, working in the Network Engineering team, to provide high and low level detailed Microwave link designs/solutions and pre sales technical expertise to customers for applications received from the internal customer requests. This will include working with technologies such as PDH, SDH, Ethernet, IP, & DWDM, MW radio solutions using multiple vendors of both telecoms lines and Microwave equipment.
In the role the individual will provide technical assistance and support on specialised areas of network engineering design. The individual will be involved in the evaluation, design and costing of Microwave components as well as assisting with the capacity management of Telecoms & Microwave Networks. The role requires that solutions are designed and costed accurately following company governance. This will entail working alongside B&M, GME, Project Management, Business Operations and Suppliers to produce professional and accurate design solutions and associated documentation.
You must have:
- Telecoms qualifications or equivalent in a technical discipline or be able to demonstrate equivalent knowledge.
- Experienced in the design and costing of Microwave products & systems preferably from a Telecoms Network background
- Good working knowledge of transmission technologies including PDH/SDH, Ethernet/ATM
- PC literate (Microsoft Office Suite – in particular Excel)
- Excellent numerical skills & attention to detail.
- Experience of 3rd party telecoms providers.
This role is commutable from Southampton, Basingstoke, Salisbury etc. Please send your CV ASAP and I will get back to you!
Location: Winchester, Hampshire
Duration: 3-4 Months
Telephone:01442 291 800