Skills: OSS Implementation Engineer – This is an engineering role within the Operational Support Systems Engineering team. This role will be part of the team working on delivering Smart Metering and Smart Water Networks programme. The key focus of this particular role is to develop low level designs, implement and commission the IT OSS environments in line with the defined architectural standards meeting the requirements of Network Management Centre and of the IT Operating Model. Previous experience of Network Management systems in a Broadcast or Telecoms environment. Experience of products such as OpenNMS, HP Openview, SolarWinds applications. Management or awareness of VMWare virtualization software and VBlock hardware is also desirable. At least 3 years experience in design or implementation of OSS solutions or service management as an IT Engineer/Specialist
You must have:
- Appropriate technical qualification – Degree or HND/C in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or Computer Science or relevant experience.
- Experienced in the design, delivery and management of OSS.
- Experienced in OSS and BSS architecture
- Experience in producing IT OSS High Level Design and Low Level design (HLD, LLD)
- Experience of supplier and customer management with good customer-facing skills
- Working as part of the IT OSS workstream in the IT Integration project , work with key stakeholders to understand their requirements and ensure that the OSS solution is designed and implemented to meet or exceed these.
- Ensure delivery of design packages for OSS to time / cost / quality criteria
- Provide specifications, scope of works and method statements to ensure design packages and project work are delivered in accordance with quality and security policy requirements
- Produce a Low Level Design based on High Level Design requirements
- Propose improvements to OSS solutions to improve quality and reduce costs for effective life time asset management
- Where required manage OSS sub-contractor and supplier delivery in accordance with requirements, including product testing and commissioning through FAT, SAT and system integration phases to final handover
- Work closely with the OSS Test Team and manage snags and defects as required.
- Ensure that policies and procedures for handover of new OSS solutions are complied with including all training requirements
- Provide progress reports as require for governance purposes
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with all key stakeholders
Location: Winchester, Hampshire
Duration: 6 Months
Telephone:01442 291 800