Skills: Principal Technical Architect – CCIE. Please only send in your CV if you are CCIE certified (Routing and Switching). The Principal Technical Architect provides technical and business expertise, commercial analysis and high-level design activity related to the development of Service Provider IP and optical network architecture. Supports Sales and Product teams, Engineering Delivery and Service Management teams to determine, plan and ensure that network architectures meet customer & business objectives over the total life cycle.
You must have:
- Cisco Certified Internet Expert (CCIE) (Routing and Switching)
- Degree qualified or qualification with demonstration of equivalent knowledge, learning and understanding to degree level in an appropriate technical discipline.
- CEng or IEng as appropriate
- Minimum of 10 Years’ experience gained with a service provider
- Owner of the high level design standards (target architecture) across the whole of the portfolio (operational and corporate), developed and updated as required Networks investment budget specification supporting the Technical Strategy manager to ensure future enhancements and Network refresh programmes are appropriately accounted for.
- Capacity management – Forecasting future requirements and developing business cases to support strategic and BAU capacity increases. To monitor the capacity reports and trend analysis for existing capacity that are produced with the IT&C team utilising this information to support capacity increase business cases and forward planning of investment capital.
- To develop and communicate the Networks roadmap that links into our company wide product roadmaps Collaborate with the Connectivity, BU, Strategy and Finance teams ensuring that they fully understand and are aligned to this roadmap.
- To lead the strategic input on Network thinking for new BU and corporate business development initiatives, ensuring engagement of the Connectivity team at the appropriate
- Participating in bid submission ensuring all proposals are aligned with the products roadmaps, and future Network deployments
- Leading the introduction of industry best practices, and ensuring adoption of standards across the IT&C teams in collaboration with the Technical Strategy Manager
Location: Winchester, Hampshire
Duration: 3 Months