Skills: Project Manager – Telecoms Network. To manage a number of telecoms connectivity projects involving several organisations, multi disciplines, interfaces and suppliers. Ensure projects are delivered to Time, Cost & Quality in the most cost effective and efficient manner, as expected by our internal & external customers, in accordance with Project Management Methodology.
- Experience of project delivery within a network engineering discipline.
- Knowledge of IP, OSS, Fibre, SDH / PDH, Packet Switching, MPLS & VPN Technology.
- Knowledge of Transmission & Mobile networks.
- Knowledge of Telemetry Networks.
- Knowledge of IP Networks.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with external and internal Customers.
- Manage delivery of projects to agreed time, specification & budget, as expected by our Customers, taking on and managing stretch targets as required.
- Manage the expectations & satisfaction of the project sponsor and stakeholders.
- Specify, select, engage, lead direct and motivate a direct/virtual project team.
- Where appropriate, ensure efficient Project Handover to Customer Service Delivery is achieved.
- Produce and manage the Project Plans and build in objectives – communicate this to all stakeholders and obtain “Buy-in” and commitment to the deliverables.
- Pro-actively manage variations to ensure maximum value and no surprises for the project sponsors.
Delivering on our commitments
- Provide significant input into the management of new projects organisation structures.
- Manage the relationships with strategic 3rd party suppliers in conjunction with supply chain.
- Programme Governance
- Complies and works to the adapted Project Management Methodologies.
- Implement regular Project team meetings, ensuring that milestone & benefit tracking is in place. Risks management is fully adopted with issues understood and mitigated beyond immediate business area with escalation when required.
- Adopt the project control system which identifies the appropriate actions which need to be taken by the right people at the right time to ensure project objectives are achieved.
- Forecast, manage, control and report the financial expenditure of the project budget.
- Maximise efficiencies and minimise costs through effective systems and processes for project delivery.
- Variation management
- Work with the Health and Safety team to develop and manage the Health & Safety Regime across all Engineering Delivery Programmes
- Promote an effective Safety, Health and Environment culture, to ensure a safe and healthy working environment within area of operation
- Maintain a secure working environment in line with the requirements of the Security Policy in order to protect individuals, information and assets
Location: Winchester, Hampshire
Duration: 2 Months
Telephone:01442 291 800