Skills: Infrastructure Designer, Vmware, RHEL, Enterprise Application Stack. Infrastructure Designer required to deliver technical expertise to inflight and new projects by producing Infrastructure design documentation using a variety of the components. You should come from an operational background, historically supporting the listed infrastructure:
- Vmware ESX, vSphere 5.5, VSAN, Horizon View, SRM\vCO
- Microsoft 2008/2012 & RHEL 5.1/6.5 (inc. Satellite) onwards with OS Support Exposure (Systems Administration)
- Familiar with various DB platforms, mainly MS SQL & Oracle
- Knowledge of F5 GTM, LTM & APM, TSM Backup, and VCS desirable
- Exceptional understanding of Enterprise Application Stack
- Exceptional understanding of Infrastructure components
- Understanding of Firewall principals, and familiar in defining required firewall rule set requirements. Awareness of Checkpoint and Cisco ASA Firewall products.
- Considerable working knowledge of IPv6/IPv4, and general networking in principal (especially in multi-tier applications and complex systems)
- Awareness of Cisco ACI beneficial but not essential.
- Understanding of secure systems design is of benefit as well.
- Candidate has previously occupied systems admin roles and has moved on to design.
- Has significant experience in defining solution designs against requirements – is technically astute and is knowledgeable about significant industry changes and trends for enterprise grade technologies.
Examples of projects to support delivery are:
- Design for an externally facing service. Investigate cloud hosting over internal hosting as part of solution investigation.
- Deliver design for hosting new HR service on to new converged infrastructure that will sit on an ACI Software Defined Network.
- Deliver design for hosting new Financial Modelling Package on to new converged infrastructure that will sit on an ACI Software Defined Network.
- Previous experience of Horizon View to support the design and delivery of a new VDI solution utilising a VMWare design architect.
This role is commutable from Southampton, Basingstoke, Salisbury etc. Please send your CV ASAP and I will get back to you!
Location: Winchester, Hampshire
Duration: 3 Months
Telephone:01442 291 800