Skills: 1st / 2nd Line Support / IT Service Desk Analyst. My client based in West Bromwich, West Midlands are looking for an 1st/ 2nd Line Support / IT Service Desk Analyst. Role is to provide 1st and 2nd line support through taking calls and handling incidents or Service Requests, using the incident management and request fulfilment processes, in line with Service Desk objectives.
You must have:
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner
- Excellent organisational skills
- 2 years previous IT Service Desk
- Incident Management experience – Managing incidents business expectations and communication
- Basic User & Security Active Directory Administration
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems
- Experience with using and troubleshooting Outlook within a network environment ( permissions, calendar sharing, delegation)
- A self-motivated achiever who gains satisfaction from providing excellent customer service
- An ITIL or SDi qualification is preferable but not essential
You will be responsible for:
- Logging all inbound calls that come into the service desk
- Troubleshooting hardware, software and networking issues
- Assigning problems that cannot be resolved to the appropriate support groups for resolution
- Assisting other service desk staff within a team environment
- Evaluate customer’s concerns and report to management on service desk support issues
- Research, resolve, and respond to complex questions and provide support, in accordance with current standards
- Report non Service Desk related issues to appropriate departments
- Make every attempt to turn unhappy customers into satisfied customers
- Make judgment calls on problems that should be escalated to management
- Provide expert and creative solutions to user problems to ensure user satisfaction
- Participate in team projects that enhance the quality or efficiency of support
- Maintain an awareness of requests that are cleared but not closed.
Role is on a shift basis: Monday – Friday working hours on a three week shift pattern 08:00am – 16:00pm, 09:00am – 17:00pm & 09:30am – 17:30pm. Alternate Saturday work is required.
Please send in your CV ASAP for a great opportunity and a full job spec!
Location: West Bromwich, West Midlands
Salary: £25k + Pension + Good Benefits
Telephone:01442 291 800