Skills: Desktop Support Engineer, 2nd Line IT Support Analyst, Remote Support, Active Directory, Exchange, Windows XP/7, Office 2007/2013, general network support skills, Windows Server 2003/2008 and phone systems, with an excellent phone manner/communication skills and willing to travel as the role requires occasional travel (travel costs paid). You must be comfortable in end user support role, with excellent customer relationship skills but also pro-active and have a willingness to extend knowledge and abilities into Server support. You must have experience in desktop support and remote support, working with helpdesk systems, Active Directory, Exchange, Remote Support, VPN’s, Windows XP/7, general network support and troubleshooting, LAN Management, familiar with Windows Server 2003/2008 and support telephone systems.
- Providing professional, efficient and reliable support for IT issues in local offices and across the UK to include hardware support, issue diagnosis and resolution.
- Using work management system to manage workload, recording progress and keeping customers updated on a regular basis.
- Following the standard processes as determined by the IT management team, including Incident, Request fulfilment, Change and others as defined.
- Remote support, via Skype, RDP, Dameware and other techniques
- Implementing changes to user accounts using AD in accordance with process.
- Installing software to meet requests via SCCM or manually, onsite and remotely.
- Monitor network and performance, reporting issues in a timely and efficient manner into the work management system.
- Deployment and ongoing support of mobile phones and tablet devices
- Contributing to the knowledge kept by the IT team, processes and known errors.
- Deployment and configuration of business software following processes to ensure license compliance, including network licensing solutions and Enterprise wide license packages
- Supporting Microsoft Skype, including full PC to PC and Enterprise voice setup.
- Advising customer base on IT best practice based on current policies defined by the UK IT management and Corporate IT teams.
- Engagement with key stakeholders to understand and support business requirements, escalating to IT Service Manager as appropriate.
- LAN management and support with issue escalation
- Management of IT equipment and software to a professional standard in line with UK IT policies
- IT administration and house-keeping tasks as required.
- Involvement in IT Projects as they arise
This role is commutable from Slough, Reading, High Wycombe and Bracknell. Please send in your CV ASAP for more information and a full job spec.
Location: Maidenhead, Berkshire
Salary: £26k-£28k + Good Benefits