2nd / 3rd Line Infrastructure Support Engineer – VMWare vSphere, Windows Server, Active Directory, MS Exchange, MS SQL Server. My award winning client based in London (nearest tube Liverpool Street) are looking for an Infrastructure Engineer / 2nd / 3rd Line Support person. You will be responsible for delivering a combination of BAU and project based tasks, with a focus on proactively monitoring, maintaining and enhancing the existing infrastructure. The role reports directly to the Head of Infrastructure.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years working in a similar role
- Strong knowledge and experience of the entire Microsoft Product range (especially Windows Server, Active Directory, MS Exchange, MS SQL Server) and the associated licensing models
- Strong knowledge of virtualisation technologies such as VMware vSphere and exposure to Storage Area Networks (SAN) – like 3PAR or Dell Equalogic.
- Demonstrable experience of managing HP and Dell server and storage hardware
- Good knowledge of Backup processes and BCP procedures.
- Knowledge and experience of Voice & Data network administration, including telephony
- To ensure the IT infrastructure is fully managed and maintained, to minimise security risk and maximise service availability.
- Proactively monitor capacity and demand for IT infrastructure across servers & storage LAN and WAN; define and maintain processes to ensure efficient operation.
- Provide 2nd and 3rd line support for all business infrastructure and services (including coordination of 3rd party suppliers as required).
- Manage upgrades as required and ensure compliance with security policies and standards.
- Ensure the integrity and security of the business infrastructure in line with business standards and policies.
- Accurately document at all times any infrastructure changes and follow strict IT change and release procedures.
- Manage and maintain the IT Disaster Recovery plan and the DR infrastructure , ensuring regular checks and tests are completed
- Implement the server and network elements of the technical roadmap as defined by the head of the department or within the Infrastructure Team.
Working hours are 8.30 to 17.30 / 40 hours per week. The applicant should hold a full UK Driving License and have the right to work in the UK. Please send your CV ASAP for more information.
Salary: £40k-£43k + Bonus + Good Benefits
Telephone:01442 291 800