Skills: Backend Developer – Drupal & PHP. Based in London (nearest tube – Tottenham Court Road) my client has a new requirement for an Backend Developer for an 3 months contract. You must have technical skills in Drupal, PHP, Git or Mercurial, management tools such as Jenkins, Capistrano, Vagrant and Puppet. You will be responsible for:
- To develop robust functionality for websites and digital services using Drupal and PHP.
- To integrate with third party services and platforms as required.
- To deploy working and tested code into staging and production environments, writing tests, deployment scripts and manifests as needed.
- To participate in project scoping work and decision-making relating to overall technical architecture and approach.
- To play a full part in work planning sessions, discussing technical details and estimating work involved, proactively building understanding of requirements.
- To provide maintenance support for existing applications as required, improving and refactoring code and applying updates as well as fixing bugs as they arise.
- To ensure all code is properly commented and documented, and complies with relevant coding standards. Ensure that all UI development conforms to appropriate accessibility standards.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject.
- Extensive demonstrable experience in development and delivery of web applications.
- In depth knowledge of PHP and Drupal with a demonstrable ability to learn new technologies. Symfony knowledge would be an advantage.
- Experience of developing against third party APIs in a robust and maintainable fashion.
- Experience of using modern source control systems such as Git or Mercurial.
- Knowledge of and experience with deployment and environment management tools such as Jenkins, Capistrano, Vagrant and Puppet. Experience of managing code configuration and deployment with a cloud computing environment.
- Experience of working as part of an agile project team and an interest and engagement with user centred design processes.
Keywords: Drupal, PHP, Git or Mercurial, management tools such as Jenkins, Capistrano, Vagrant and Puppet.
Duration: 3 Months
Telephone:01442 291 800