Skills: IT Manager. My client based in North London / Cheshunt has a brand new role for an hands on IT Manager. You will be required to apply for Security Clearance to SC level after joining, if you do not already have such clearance. You must have experience in proving IT service for users across sites and in multiple countries via remote connections with the following below:
- Strong Windows Server, Active Directory, and Exchange skills
- Excellent Networking skills (DNS,DHCP,TCP/IP, Firewalls, switch management)
- Working knowledge of Cloud computing environments
- Working knowledge of voice platforms (e.g. VOIP, PBX, Skype for Business,)
- ERP knowledge, including Database skills, e.g. Oracle, SQL server, MySQL desirable
- Development methodology, frameworks and languages familiarity – e.g. Java, .NET, J2EE, Apache, IIS, Webservices advantageous
- Familiarity of current IT security best practices
- Strong negotiator focused on deriving best value from suppliers
- Project and Change Management experience
- Energetic and goal oriented.
- An effective delegator, but will have a detailed understanding of progress and any issues.
- Able to present a confident professional presence to customers.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, Able to translate technical jargon into more general terms, depending on the audience.
- Take day to day ownership and responsibility for all IT services, including but not limited to the Server Infrastructure, Wide Area Networks, Local Area Networks, Voice (fixed and mobile) and internal IT service desk function for all sites worldwide.
- Manage all aspects involved in the successful provision of IT services, including personnel, suppliers, and 3rd party service providers.
- Complete the carve out of the IT services to include, but not limited to, Active Directory and Email migration and the deployment of new server infrastructure, networks and voice services as required by the business.
- Establish metrics and KPI reporting so that the performance of the IT services can be reported to senior management on an ongoing basis.
- Participate in projects that require input from IT either for a specific requirement or general technical guidance
- Plan, budget and manage the IT expenditure for the company
- Establish effective processes and standards for the user community to follow to ensure that company standards and security policies are adhered to.
- Continuously keep up to date with advancements in Information Technology to ensure deriving the best value from its IT services and is utilising the right technologies to ensure it delivers an exemplary service to its end customers.
- Recommend Technology changes to the business that can assist in revenue growth, cost avoidance or improved customer satisfaction.
- Occasional travel to other sites worldwide will be required
- Control of facilities and other equipment, e.g. Audio Visual, through the management of 3rd party suppliers and partners.
- Management of the transitional and ongoing IT relationships.
- Continuously improve the efficiency of the IT processes.
Location: North London / Cheshunt
Salary: £60k + Good Benefits
Telephone:01442 291 800