Skills Pre-Sales Technical Consultant – Server, Storage and Networks. My client based in Basingstoke, Hampshire are looking for an Pre-Sales Technical Consultant. You shall be responsible for managing the development of Customer requirements into technical solutions, documenting the solution and submission into the customer against demanding timescales. This role will provide technical bid leadership to the IT Technical Operations Team consisting of technicians and engineers across several UK locations. The role provides the team with three primary components:
Pre-sales strategy: The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the strategic development and tactical delivery of the IT strategy to support the growth of the company aligned to the strategic business plan. The candidate will take a proactive approach to all aspects of the support for the Group’s infrastructure by ensuring IT Business and Technical Strategies are delivered within Industry best practices guidelines and that a proactive and technically effective strategy is demonstrated against Customer defined Service Level Agreements and that KPI’s are consistently achieved.
Technology Selection: be responsible for Technology selection and management for both internal and external customers, horizon scanning and developing the Server and Storage as a Service portfolio offerings relevant to the market place. To do so they will need to be a market expert in their subject, understanding the technology development and growth across all industry sectors.
Solution Pre-sales and Delivery: They shall manage technology use, development, deployment and implementation, working with the Technical team and Service Delivery Manager to ensure that sustainable and relevant technical solutions are available against requirements. You must be a highly motivated and goal orientated team player, with the capability to manage complex multi-faceted projects and tasks whilst controlling cost and schedule adherence, accounting for expended man-hours and progress against task reporting on a daily and weekly basis. You will deliver a degree of technical mentoring and coaching in the development of the Technical Operations Team across all levels, assisting in the ‘in house’ knowledge and experience growth in the Server and Storage specialisation.
Traveling will be required for remote sites.
Essential Skills, Product & Technology experience:
- In-depth knowledge of Virtualisation & Storage
- Active Directory/Encryption and Anti-Virus software
- Firewalls/VPN Technology
- Extensive knowledge of Network Technologies design and support LAN/WLAN/WAN
- Understanding of core TCP/IP and OSI networking principles
- Familiar with virtualisation technologies such as VMWare or Hyper-V
- Microsoft Server up to 2012 – Installation, Configuration, Deployment, Administration and support.
- PowerShell scripting
- SAN architecture and configuration experience with, Dell EqualLogic / Compellent, EMC, NetApp and 3Par
- Understanding of Microsoft Azure Storage and AWS Storage
- A proven track record of Network management with minimum 200 users.
- Experience of designing client solutions and supporting pre-sales activities.
- A proven track record of working within the ITIL methodologies framework
- Experience in IT Server and Storage Systems consulting
- A self-motivated dynamic and results driven team Leader with an IT Degree
- Energetic, outgoing and personable with outstanding customer skills
- Excellent Technical Manager/Author/Architect/System solution designer
- Flexible and adaptable in all environments
- High standard of dress and deportment
- Positive attitude to personal development with a willingness to learn new skills
- Customer focused first and always
- Ability to work under pressure and meet challenging deadlines
- Excellent communicator at both Internal and External levels
- Strong team leadership skills
- Sensitive to cultural differences across a range of various geographical UK sites
Please send your CV ASAP and I will get back to you.
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire
Salary: £60k + Good Benefits