Skills Solutions Specialist – Networking or Storage – designing complex integrated technology solutions. My client based in Basingstoke, Hampshire are looking for an Solutions Specialist to specialise in Networking or Storage. You must have:
- Significant experience of providing Tier-3 support covering complex: Incident, Problem and Change Management.
- Significant experience in designing complex integrated technology solutions.
- Broad knowledge of IT and communications services and technologies.
- Experience in defining and implementing design, build and operational standards.
- Experience of developing technology and service plans. Including the production of white papers and business cases.
- Experience of implementing and developing support systems and tools: Monitoring, Management, Automation.
- End user device support and configuration: PC, Printer, Mobile.
- Microsoft Operating Systems
- Active Directory and Domain management
- Security Technologies: Access control, Threat Management, AV, Content Filtering, IPS, DDOS.
- Network Technologies: LAN/WLAN/WAN.
- Server Technologies: Microsoft Server, Virtualisation.
- Storage Technologies: SAN architecture, Backup.
- UC Technologies: IP voice, Collaboration.
In depth technical knowledge (including recognised industry or supplier certification) in at least one of the following:
- Network Technologies: LAN/WLAN/WAN. Preferably Cisco, Juniper, or Dell.
- Storage Technologies: SAN architecture. Preferably Dell EqualLogic or EMC
You will be responsible for the complex: design, deployment, and support of IT and communications solutions for external and internal customers. Covering: customer solutions, shared infrastructure and internal IT infrastructure and services. Role involves:
- Provide pre-sales support to define integrated technical solutions in line with customer requirements. Produce, or assist in the production of high level designs and technical inputs to proposals.
- Where required, take on a design lead role for specific bids or projects that ensures that individual technical designs for solutions integrate seamlessly to deliver customer requirements. This may require co-ordination of design input from internal teams, partners and 3rd
- Produce technology specific, and solution based detailed designs.
- Complete the complex aspects of building, deploying and testing components, platforms and solutions.
- Produce and maintain standard templates for design, build, and testing.
- Provide Teir-3 technical support for: Internal IT, Shared Infrastructure and customer solutions. Act as the co-ordination point across internal teams, partners and 3rd parties to resolve complex issues. Covering: Incident, problem and change management.
- Assist, and in some cases lead, the production of: solution papers, business cases and risk assessments for shared infrastructure and internal IT projects.
- Investigate, evaluate, review and document new technologies and services, including attending appropriate seminars and conferences.
- Work with internal teams, partners and 3rd parties to develop and manage new services and technologies.
- Support Customer Services and Operational teams to develop, implement and enhance best practice technical support policies and processes.
Please send your CV ASAP and I will get back to you.
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire
Salary: £55k + Bonus + Good Benefits
Telephone:01442 291 800