Systems Administrator, Oracle, Solaris & Networks – DV cleared, Ex-Military. This role has an elements of travel (10-15% covering the Lincoln area).. You must have 5 to 10 years experience (preferably military) with knowledge of military communications and systems, familiar with EW data. You must have:
- Systems Administration experience with the following Operating Systems: Oracle/SunSolaris and Microsoft Windows.
- Working knowledge of the following file systems: UFS, ZFS, NFS, and NTFS.
- Working knowledge of common TCP/IP protocols such as http, https, ntp, ssh.
- Understanding of server, application and network security hardening and validation techniques.
- Hands-on knowledge of networking infrastructure products such as servers, switches, firewalls and routers.
- Familiarity with web products and servers such as: Webservers, URL, Browsers, Internet performance tools, Web search engines.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communication, and written skills.
- Strong work ethic, takes ownership of issues with flexibility to work weekend and evenings as needed.
You will be responsible:
- Hands-on system administration support, system maintenance and operational support of all hardware and software associated with the System while complying with Configuration Management obligations.
- Support multiple computer operating systems in a heterogeneous environment.
- Assist with installations of server equipment and associated network devices, adhering to all local and organisational processes.
- Provide system administration and network support of the System using Microsoft Windows,Oracle Solaris Operating System(OS) and networking OS (e.g. CiscoIOS, McAfee, and Juniper).
- Research, troubleshoot and reporting issues to the Help Desk on a 24/7basis.
- Work with subject matter experts to identify and resolve technical and performance issues with the System.
- Apply software upgrades and patches; apply security updates.
- Act as a front-line customer interface for the programme at the customer site.
Salary: £35k-£40k + Career Development + Benefits
For further information and a full job spec please send in your CV.