Skills: IT Support Engineer / 1st & 2nd Line Desktop Support Engineer – SC Cleared – AD, Exchange, Windows 7. My client based just outside Bristol, Avon are looking for an 1st & 2nd Line Engineer with valid SC clearance and technical working knowledge of Windows 7, Active Directory and Exchange 2007/2010.
- Desktop hardware configuration, monitoring, software installations, hardware upgrades, imaging and PC deployment.
- Assessment of desktop upgrade requirements.
- Generate documentation for hardware/software ordering and processing of invoices.
- Manage a Windows Environment, (AD account maintenance, security groups and permissions. Microsoft Exchange 2007/10, printer queues)
- Check data back-ups and restores, reporting any issues with any overnight back-up failures.
- Resolution of ServiceDesk requests and incidents using ServiceNow.
- Diagnosis of hardware and software problems.
- Installation and configuration of standard desktop packages.
- Generation of weekly and ad-hoc reports for IT management.
- Liaison with third-party maintenance engineers.
- Support of Cisco IP desktop telephones, including moves and changes and account creations.
- Support of other mobile computing devices such as tablets and smart phones.
- Engage with cross-functional IT teams and assist in the provision of hands-on support within server, security, network services and messaging teams.
- Backup and support the Network Administrator on an Official Sensitive Network. Assist and ensure continued compliance, accreditation and support external audits.
There will also be an opportunity to undertake individual ‘project’ work, in addition to the support duties, innovation and/or development initiatives will be encouraged. You may be required to report for emergency duties, which may occur outside of normal office hours, and also to undertake business trips to support other offices where necessary.
Please send in your CV ASAP for more information.
Location: Bristol, Avon
Salary: £25k-£28k + Benefits
Telephone:01442 291 800