Skills: OSS Engineer – This is an engineering role within the Operational Support Systems Engineering team. The key focus of this role is to develop high / low level designs, implement and commission the OSS environments in line with the defined architectural standards meeting the requirements of Network Management Centre and of the IT Operating Model.
You must have:
- Appropriate technical qualification – Degree or HND/C in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or Computer Science or relevant experience.
- Experienced in the design, delivery and management of OSS.
- Experienced in OSS and BSS architecture
- Experience in producing IT OSS High Level Design and Low Level design (HLD, LLD)
- Experience of supplier and customer management with good customer-facing skills
- Provide technical leadership within the Smart Metering OSS team, sharing knowledge and skills and providing mentoring support to engineers and technicians
- Adopt the role of Design Authority (DA) in area of expertise to ensure the delivery of the end to end customer solution and for less complex projects Lead Design Authority (LDA)
- Working as part of the IT OSS workstream on integration projects. Work with key stakeholders to understand their requirements and ensure that the OSS solution is designed and implemented to meet or exceed these.
- Ensure delivery of design packages for IT OSS to time / cost / quality criteria
- Provide specifications, scope of works and method statements to ensure design packages and project work are delivered in accordance with quality and security policy requirements
- Install, test, analyse, troubleshoot and modify new equipment/solutions to achieve maximum performance and availability
- Document engineering build procedures and contribute to the continuous improvement of policies, processes and procedures
- Co-ordination of solution demonstration activities with stakeholder user groups
- Management of risks
- Specialising in Operations liaison (NMC / 3rd line teams)
- Update the project manager and team on stakeholder communications and ensure suitable feedback is provided and understood by all parties on technical solutions.
- Strong documentation background, for example:
- Produce High Level Designs based on customer requirements.
- Produce a Low Level Design based on High Level Design requirements.
- Familiar with the requirements through to delivery process.
- Propose improvements to OSS solutions to improve quality and reduce costs for effective life time asset management
Location: Winchester, Hampshire
Duration: 4 Months
Telephone:01442 291 800