Skills: BI Developer – SQL. Based in Wellingborough, Northamptonshire my client has a new requirement for an BI Developer – SQL. You must have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Around two years of experience in data manipulation (SQL, MDX etc.)
- Practical knowledge of SQL
- Practical knowledge of data modelling (UML, Merise etc.)
- Practical knowledge of development concepts and techniques (any language)
- Practical knowledge of concepts such as OLTP models, OLAP models, ETL, data-warehouse, reports, KPIs and data mining.
- Effective analytical skills
- Ability to simplify complex systems.
- Practical knowledge of developing and implementing change projects to achieve business objectives.
- At least one successful experience in database design to support a large scale (100+ users) transactional application (OLTP)
- Multiple successful experiences pertaining to database design in support of large scale operation analytical application (OLAP)
- Experience in script or application development
- Experience of Business Process Analysis and Design
- Proven track record of delivering system changes, in line with industry best practice (ISO, ITIL etc.)
- Proposing solutions to meet the needs of collegues in relation to their business information \ reports, by Design OLAP models and cubes to support users BI needs.
- Define business requirements in a functional specification and align these with the capabilities of the systems; and implement said requirements \ models \ specifications using provided data warehouse, ETL and other BI tools.
- Identify and develop improvements to system capability, working with the business and systems teams to propose solutions that align with a group wide orientation
- Configure and test potential solutions, engaging the business to ensure the best outcome.
- Implement agreed changes with the business, ensuring that maximum benefit is obtained across the group.
- Work with business process owners through the change process, ensuring education and training completed to deliver successful projects.
- Write system documentation for OLAP models.
- Create reports from existing OLAP models to answer users requests.
- Develop custom reports for agreed specific needs where OLAP models cannot be used.
- Provide user support for BI system, in collaboration with 1st line support: Maintain and support DAN
- Maintain existing OLAP models and custom reports, including documentation updates.
- Contribute in the overall BI system (date warehouse, ETC etc.) evolution.
- Participate in custom application development requiring specific data.
- Provide 2nd and 3rd line support for application issues.
Please send in your CV ASAP.
Location: Wellingborough, Northamptonshire
Salary: £33k + Benefits
Telephone:01442 291 800