Skills: Application Architect – Financial Services. My client based in West Midlands are looking for Application Architect with Financial Services experience. You will propose high level design options for potential solutions to business problems, and produce detailed applications designs, whilst also being expected to design appropriate transitional stages within the projects. You will ensure a business-wide understanding of how the Applications components of the IT infrastructure integrate and ensure that the impacts of proposed changes to Applications are understood by all appropriate staff.
- To play a role in the requirements gathering process for projects, such that architectural requirements are considered and documented alongside business requirements.
- Design the way Applications will operate and interact with each other in order to meet the requirements of projects, including the design of solutions that offer interim benefits that can be delivered during the project journey.
- Assuring solutions are in line with the Architectural Principles and documenting these solutions in the form of High Level Designs during the initial stages of the project, and once approved documenting the Detailed Designs in conjunction with the suppliers and technical teams.
- Working with different departments across the business to ensure projects and plans are completed as designed.
- Maintaining a working knowledge of how the Applications components fit together at a detailed level.
- Input into the definition of the Target Operating Model by providing a strategic view of future use of Applications based on known and planned projects.
Skills & Attributes
- The ability to effectively communicate both in writing and verbally with all levels of staff and tailor communication towards the target audience.
- An understanding of Security risks and issues.
- Possess knowledge of processes, core systems, procedures and policies.
- Experience and knowledge of Financial Services.
- Being able to analyse understand complex internal and external documentation.
- Have an overview of the technical infrastructure within which the systems operate.
- A reasonable understanding of how the systems operate to support the relevant business processes.
- Being able to understand and work with multiple work streams and multiple system interdependencies.
Please send in your CV ASAP for a great opportunity and a full job spec!
Location: West Midlands
Salary: £50k-£62k + Pension + Good Benefits
Telephone:01442 291 800