Skills: Helpdesk Team Manager / Service Desk Team Leader. My client based in Basingstoke, Hampshire, are looking for Helpdesk Team Manager / Service Desk Team Leader. You must have had direct line management responsibility for 3 or more 1st line IT Service Desk staff handling technical issues and requests through to fulfilment (not just log and flog). You must be a good delegator and finisher. The ideal candidate will be great at inspiring a can-do team culture and can demonstrate this in an interview.
You must have:
- 2 plus years working as a Service Desk Team Leader.
- Good experience with a call logging/management tool.
- Direct line management responsibility for 3 or more individuals working in a first line environment – including team scheduling, goal setting and day to day management.
- Performance management and coaching to ensure continual development and
- Experience with Active Directory and Exchange to the extent of creating and managing users and permissions.
- Experience of handling escalations and major incidents.
- Proficient at analysing and interpreting statistical data to continually improve processes.
- ITIL (V2 and/or V3) Foundation certification.
The current team work covering Monday to Friday with a rota spanning from 8am to 6pm with a half hour break for lunch.
You’ll be a career minded IT Team Leader with a demonstrable can-do attitude, excellent customer service skills and able to roll your sleeves up and help the team develop a best practice support model. There are lots of opportunities to develop great skills and my client are motivated to meet exacting standards set by the Service Desk Institute (SDI) which will involve working with the SDI auditors and the team to create a 3 star and future award winning team. Role offers excellent opportunities to grow your knowledge, industry exposure and CV.
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire
Salary: £35k + Bonus + Good Benefits
Telephone:01442 291 800