Skills: SQL DBA. My client based in Woking, Surrey are looking for a SQL DBA with experience in Complex stored procedures, SSIS experience & Powershell. Working hours are 08.00 to 17.30 Monday to Friday. You must have:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008 R2/2014+:
- Installation and Configuration
- High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR)
- Service Broker
- Backups, Restores and Recovery Models
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- T-SQL scripting development experience – stored procedures, triggers, functions and transactions analysis and a thorough understanding of indexes and statistics.
- Operational Performance Tuning and Optimization using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Tuning T-SQL queries to improve performance.
- Implementing operational automation using scripts.
- Data management and data processing flowcharting techniques.
- In-depth knowledge of data analysis, reporting and query tools.
- Database administration and processes management of the multi-versioning Microsoft SQL Server environment for applications and services.
- Developing and supporting inter-application interfaces utilizing Microsoft SQL Server Service Broker.
- Ensuring data access and quality assurance through High Availability service configurations.
- Ensure proper configuration, change and event management processes, procedures and controls are implemented and adhered to.
- Monitoring end-user access and security.
- Provide technical assistance and cross training to other team members.
- Continually review, design and implement technology best practices, guidelines and repeatable processes.
- Ensuring adherence to Departmental and individual SLA’s and KPI’s.
- Maintaining all database systems in line with IT Business Continuity requirements.
- Authoring database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata).
- Developing, managing and testing back-up and recovery plans and ensuring that related storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly.
- Working closely with project managers, database report developers, Web, SharePoint and Multimedia developers.
- Communicating regularly with technical infrastructure, applications and operational staff to ensure data integrity and security.
- Commissioning and the installation of new database applications as well as the customization of existing applications under project control.
- Mapping out the conceptual design for a planned database and refining the logical design so that it can be translated into a specific data model. Further refining the physical design to meet system storage requirements.
This role is commutable from Guildford, Woking, Crawley, Epsom, Reigate and some parts of South London, Croydon, Sutton. Please send in your CV ASAP for more information and a full job spec.
Location: Woking, Surrey
Salary: £65k + Good Benefits
Telephone:01442 291 800