Solutions Specialist / Technical Pre-Sales – Server or Storage or Network Technologies. My client based in Basingstoke, Hampshire are looking for an Solutions Specialist / Technical Pre-Sales. You must have:
- Experience of technical pre-sales, including contributing written technical solutions to Tenders and Proposals
- In depth technical knowledge (including recognised industry or supplier certification) in at least one of the following:
Public Cloud Solutions: Microsoft or AWS solution design, implementation, and migration
Server Technologies: Infrastructure. Preferably Dell or Fujitsu.
Server Technologies: Virtualisation, particularly VMware or Hyper-V.
Server Technologies: Operating Systems and Applications, particularly Microsoft Windows Server 2012 / 2016.
Storage Technologies, particularly Dell EMC.
Network Technologies: LAN/WLAN/WAN. Preferably Cisco, Juniper, or Dell.
You will be responsible for the complex solution and service definition and implementation, covering the design, deployment, and support of IT and Communications solutions to meet the requirements of both external and internal customers. This covers:
- Leading bid / sales activities on behalf of the Services unit, for customer solutions, shared infrastructure and internal IT infrastructure and services.
- Driving and actively participating in Implementation of technical solutions for customers and internal projects
- Provision of 3rd line support to assist Service Desk and Operational teams in the event of complex issues/incidents
- Provide pre-sales support to define integrated technical solutions in line with customer requirements. Produce, or assist in the production, of high-level designs and the technical input to proposals.
- Assess the customer’s stated requirements, identify or assist in defining strategies for addressing those requirements as well as opportunities for “value add”, and translate these into robust and achievable solution design that meets the customer’s needs
- Produce technology-specific, solution-based conceptual, high-level, and detailed designs
- Where required, take on a solution lead role for specific bids or projects, taking ownership and ensuring that individual technical design elements and solutions integrate seamlessly to deliver an end-to-end response to customer requirements. This may require co-ordination of design input from internal teams, partners and 3rd parties in additional to directly producing designs/solution content.
- Ensure solution designs include definition of cost of delivery of the services or technical elements identified, so as to enable accurate pricing of the proposal to the customer
- Plan and implement the complex aspects of building, deploying and testing components, platforms and solutions
- Produce and maintain standard templates for design, build, and testing services
- Lead or assist in the production of solution papers, business cases and risk assessments for shared infrastructure and internal IT projects.
- Lead or assist – Investigate, evaluate, review and document new technologies and services, including attending appropriate seminars and conferences.
- Work with internal teams, partners and 3rd parties to develop and manage new services and technologies.
Please send your CV ASAP and I will get back to you.
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire
Salary: £40k-£50k + Bonus + Good Benefits
Telephone:01442 291 800