Skills: Azure Engineer / Could Infrastructure Engineer. My client based in Milton Keynes are looking for an Azure Engineer / Could Infrastructure Engineer for an 12 months Fixed Term contract with a view to go permanent (You will be on my clients payroll paying around £55k-£60k pro-rata –please do not send in your CV if you are looking for a daily or hourly rate, this role would suit someone who is available now or at short notice). You must have:
- Excellent understanding of Cloud Infrastructure (Azure), theories, principle and practices.
- Implemented security through Azure Services such as Azure Storage Encryption, Azure Disk Encryption.
- Ability to create VMs and Azure Web Apps, implement Azure RBAC standard roles and design Azure RBAC custom roles.
- Experience in AD, DHCP, DNS, Switches and Firewalls.
- Knowledge of Networking and subnetting IP for a cloud environment.
- 5 Years plus of experience with cloud architecture and components including compute, storage and networking as well as scripting experience.
Any experience in Azure VPN, ExpressRoute architecture and design experience, designing and implementing BC/DR, ADFS and SSO implementation of AD would be a bonus!
You will be responsible for providing technical support for all infrastructure and middleware, on premise, traditional hosted and Azure IaaS/PaaS, Network and Security. This will include:
- Identify customer requirements for Infrastructure architecture – face to face and on-site where required.
- Produce proposals and solution options that are fit for purpose.
- Provide advice and recommendations as Infrastructure technology expert.
- Develop, produce and deliver training on operating and managing Infrastructure.
- Proactively collaborate with architecture and application development teams to ensure the Infrastructure meets current and future business objectives.
- Provide advice to customers where required, advising on Infrastructure architecture for future systems development.
- Install and configure applications to meet defined and agreed customer requirements
- Define, produce and maintain supporting documentation for system implementations
- Install and commission applications
- Implement and manage data loads
- Support testing processes.
- Identify future requirements from the business regarding future application usage and produce a capacity plan showing impact on operation systems, identifying activities required to support capacity changes
- Implement system monitoring and alerting for the application estate that ensures application health state is monitored and defined user groups receive appropriate alerting in the event of failure or degradation of service.
- Proactively analyse the performance of the Infrastructure within the estate identifying key performance indicators that can be measured and reported on a regular basis.
- Identify proactive maintenance work such as server patching and schedule testing and roll out to ensure systems are operating with minimal risks.
This role is commutable from Bedford, Luton & Northampton . Please send your CV ASAP for a great opportunity!
Location: Milton Keynes, Bucks
Salary: £55k-£60k + Good Benefits
Telephone:01442 291 800