Based in Solihull, Birmingham my client are looking for an Deputy Data Protection Officer for an initial 2 Years Fixed Term contract (You will be on my clients payroll paying £40k pro-rata –please do not send in your CV if you are looking for a daily or hourly rate, this role would suit someone who is available now or at short notice).
You will play a pivotal part in achieving further compliance in the areas of Data Protection and Information Security. The role is ideally suited to an individual who is operating in an Information Security Team at a senior level who is looking for the next step up in their career. You will gain 2 years experience operating at a Deputy Data Protection Officer level and will therefore encounter many of the situations that a full DPO would face.
You must have:
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of the Data Protection Act 1998, The Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation.
- A good understanding of Information Security and Information Security principles
- A good understanding of the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulation
- Good experience of handling Data Protection Complaints
- Excellent experience of handling Data Subject Rights Requests
- Extensive experience of writing policies and procedures
- Good experience of interpreting legislation
- Good experience of handling information security/data breach investigations.
- Good experience of CCTV and the privacy issues surrounding the use of these systems.
- Good experience of advising on data protection and information security in challenging circumstances.
- Previous experience in advising on data protection and/or information security at a senior level.
- Experience of creating new processes and procedures.
- To Deputise for the Data Protection Officer whilst on annual leave or in their absence.
- To Advise and support staff and users from the company and other on-site companies.
- To Inform, advise and monitor compliance with data protection and information security.
- To Create, deploy and maintain data protection and information security policies and procedures.
- To Oversee the maintenance of records required to demonstrate data protection compliance.
- To be “on call” over weekends in the unlikely event of a substantial data breach, in which the Data Protection Officer is not available and to monitor the DPO mailbox for any urgent incoming issues.
- Support the program of awareness and training to deliver compliance and to foster a data privacy and information security culture.
- Support the information security incident/data breach investigation and data breach notification procedures.
- Be the deputy contact point with the relevant Data Protection Authorities and to data subjects when exercising their individual data rights, as well as supervise and advise on the response to such requests.
- Support the Data Protection Officer/Information Security Manager in all areas.
- Mentor and manage the Information Security Assistant.
Please send in your CV ASAP and I will come back to you.
Location: Solihull, Birmingham
Duration: 2 Years FTC
Telephone:01442 291 800