2nd Line IT Support Technician – Windows 7/10, Active Directory, MS Office, Remote Support, DNS. You will provide direct, email (mainly) and telephone based support for staff with all IT-related queries (hardware, operating systems, & applications) in a professional and efficient manner, ensuring calls are logged, allocated, followed up and closed in accordance with company practices. You may also be involved in the commissioning, installation and support of new IT equipment as necessary. Working hours to be covered are between 08.00 – 18.00 on an rota system on a 37.5 hour week.
You must have:
- Experience of Remote Support
- Sound knowledge of MS Operating systems with emphasis on Windows 7/10.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory – any Group Policy would be a bonus.
- Working knowledge of MS Office.
- Excellent communicator at all levels.
- An analytical & Pro-Active approach to problem solving / information gathering.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- A ‘can do’ approach.
Any skills in DHCP, Exchange, ITIL, Firewalls, Hyper V, Server 2008/2012, Veritas Backup and VoiP are a bonus!
- User and fault information and logging it on the ticketing system and taking ownership of incidents.
- Providing technical support & troubleshooting for the following: Windows 7 & 10 Operating Systems, Server 2008-2012 Operating Systems, 3rd Party Applications, Peripherals/printers/scanners, Mobile Device Support (iOs – All releases)
- Escalate incidents to IT Manager where applicable.
- Installation of 3rd Party Applications.
- Answering general user queries (Telephone, Email).
- Active Directory Management (New Starters / Leavers, account permissions).
- Assist IT Manager with project work delivery.
- User administration in Telephony system (VoiP).
- Back Up administration (Change tapes etc).
- Hardware Configuration – Windows 7 & 10 Computers, Iphone (Email & iTunes) and Network printers.
- Connectivity – Network cards/cables/devices, ADSL connectivity, Fibre optics between sites, VPN for remote locations, Firewall/ADSL router management.
Please send your CV for more information and a full job spec!
Location: Thame, Oxfordshire
Salary: £25k-£30k + Good Benefits
Telephone:01442 291 800