Skills: SQL DBA – Performance tuning and optimization, SQL 2008-2016, T-SQL. You must have:
- Experience with Database Administration for MS SQL Server 2008-2016.
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems.
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MS SQL Server.
- Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts.
- Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics.
- Good communication and documentation skills.
Role is to:
- You will be largely responsible for providing operational database services to the organization. This is primarily a production DBA role. Some of the primary responsibilities of this role would include owning, tracking and resolving database related incidents and requests, fulfilling requests and resolving incidents within SLAs, reviewing service related reports (e.g: database backups, maintenance, monitoring) on a daily basis to ensure service related issues are identified and resolved within established SLAs, responding to database related alerts and escalations and working with database engineering to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems.
- You will require a service oriented mentality, high sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned, focus on managing and resolving issues in alignment with the SLAs, establishing and maintaining communication with technology customers to keep them updated with status of their requests, initiating and performing changes on production systems and proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes.
- Define, develop and execute strategies to ensure SQL services are delivered to best practice consummate with the risk and security demands of the business.
- Ensure development teams across the business are supported such that queries against the SQL databases are optimised, including indexing and design support.
- Deploy third party vendor database change scripts.
- Troubleshoot service issues within the SQL services, including after-hours and weekend.
This role is commutable from Watford, Milton Keynes, Luton, St Albans, Aylesbury and parts of North London – Borehamwood. Please send your most up to date CV ASAP!
Location: Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
Duration: 3 Months +
Telephone:01442 291 800